MASTERS 55+ FITNESS
Enjoy these benefits:
- Better, Faster, Stronger… At Any Age!
- Pain Free Strength, Conditioning & Mobility
- Safe, motivating environment
- Improve balance, coordination and mobility
- Maintain independence in performing day-to-day activities
- Reduce pain and risk of injury
January 8th, 2018 to February 15th, 2018
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10:00am – 11:00am
- $253.50 + tax
- 6 weeks of 1 hour coached group session including a warmup, workout and stretching.
- Movements to be modified to work for your individual needs.
As we get older, all of us combat the passage of time and how it affects us. As young people not that much thought goes into staying in shape because we were all active. Life, kids and then grandkids takes its toll and more action needs to be taken to maintain physical, mental and spiritual well being. Staying in shape physically is a big commitment. I procrastinated for two years before joining crossfit. Not because I was scared of the work, I was afraid of the commitment. I knew that once I started, I would be doing this for a life time. Not that I was horribly out of shape, but my five year old grandson had just lapped me! This was the time to join! It’s been seven years now and I have to say the biggest obstacle is just showing up , but you know in an hour or so you’ll be going home with a great sense of accomplishment. The comradary and the coaches are second to none and you will be amazed at what you can do.
Getting older you have to pay attention to what your body is telling you. For myself I still think like a 30-40 year old but I realize I don’t have to be able to do everything they do. I just have to be able to push myself to do what I can. Box jumps are out, I do step-ups. Running has never liked me so I row. For anyone that feels intimidated by CrossFit, I would say you’re not alone! But step out of your comfort zone and give it a try. It is well worth the effort and a great investment in you …..after all, can you put a price tag on our health? Without it, what’s the alternative? I’ll be 62 next month and feel great! All I have in my MEDICINE cabinet is toothpaste! oh ya, and deoderant!Lance