Our Benchmark Bash is coming up in October, we’ll be getting together to test out some of the most popular classic CrossFit Benchmarks as a group on Friday nights. Stay tuned for more details!
Some of the main priorities in this programming cycle will be deadlift endurance, upper body pushing gymnastics including pushups and handstands, as well as absolute squat strength, and a bit more mobility work within the class setting. This week’s Level Method Testing opportunity will be kettlebells on
We’ve made a minor switch to our weekly template, for the next few weeks, we’ll try the following template:
- Monday: Lower Body Strength & Conditioning
- Tuesday: Gymnastics & GPP
- Wednesday: Full Body Dynamic Push Pull, might include some Oly or other dynamic lifts and conditioning
- Thursday: GPP, longer conditioning workouts
- Friday: Upper Body Strength & Conditioning
- Saturday: GPP, some longer partner workouts
- Sunday: Make Up Day or Benchmark/Hero workouts
A few notes on how to read the summary below. We’ll identify the main purpose of the workout:
- Practice: focus on learning and assimilating the movements
- Training: scale the movements and loads to get the work done
- Testing: assess the your current skill, strength or conditioning level for that workout or lift
- Play: less structured opportunity to move and try out new things
We’ll also identify the major energy systems we are using for the conditioning workouts.
- Ventilation: aerobic workouts (heart pumping, lungs burning)
- Plumbing: strength endurance/stamina & lactic acid workouts (you know that burning pukey feeling you get from Fran)
- Electricity: short, neurological, max effort, used in short all out sprints or heavy/fast lifts
Don’t worry if this stuff doesn’t mean anything to you. If your goal is to feel better or look better, all you need to know is that we’ve got you covered, and the most important thing is to show up!
Monday: Training Day – Lower Body
Tuesday: Practice Day – Upper Body/Gymnastics Strength Work
Wednesday: Training Day – Full Body
Thursday: Testing Day – GPP
Friday: Training Day – Upper Body
Saturday: Practice/Play Day – Full Body
Sunday: Make up a workout you missed or do the benchmark of the week
Spoiler Alert! Click on the links below to see the details of this week’s group workouts.