The next few months will be very busy! Next weekend in particular will be a bit crazy, as we have several events coming up on the 15th.
- This Tuesday is Remembrance Day, we’ll be doing a team workout at 5PM.
- We have our Fall Nutrition Challenge starting next week. You’ll need a partner for this one. We’ll be doing a short informal nutrition seminar and Q&A session on Saturday, November 15th at noon.
- This will coincide with our Bring a Friend Day so that you can bring your friend to do any of the Saturday morning workouts and them stay for the nutrition seminar and Q&A session if you like. More details coming on our referral program.
- Prairie CrossFit will also be putting onCrossFit style Olympic Weightlifting competition called Rep Your Box on December 13th.
- We’ve also set the date for our holiday potluck: December 18th, we’ll be announcing the Fall Challenge winners at the party.
- As you’ve already seen, we’ve set the date for FrostFit. This years we’ll be hosting the event a bit earlier in January, the weekend of the 10th & 11th. This year will be a team event, so start recruiting! We’ll be doing same sex pairs for both Rx and non Rx. We will not have separate events for masters but if we have enough masters teams registered, we’ll have separate ranking and prizing.
In CrossFit classes we are continuing the progressions we’ve been working on for the last few weeks. We’ll start doing lower reps and 2RMs for some of our strength work this week, in preparation for testing the last two weeks of November. Our benchmark workout for the Fall Challenge will be done on Saturday, with the option to make it up on Sunday if you can’t make it in on Saturday. Please note that this week’s powerlifting programming is a back off week, so the workouts will be a bit different and won’t including the usual progressions.
Monday: Deadlift focus
Tuesday: Bench Press focus, horizontal pressing and pulling
Wednesday: Conditioning & Mobility focus
Thursday: Squat focus
Friday: Oly & Gymnastics focus, overhead pressing and pulling
Saturday: Bring a Friend Day, this will include the Benchmark workout for the Fall Challenge
Sunday: Make up a missed WOD or benchmark + Sunday barbell club
Spoiler Alert: Click on the links below to see the details of this week’s programming.