CrossFit Winnipeg will be hosting a CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer Course November 2nd and 3rd.
“Jeff R. Tucker, or “Tucker” to those who know him, is the CEO and founder of Global Sports Xtreme (GSX CrossFit) in Fort Worth, Texas, and he has a passion for teaching gymnastics, tumbling and gymnastics strength theory.
At the CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer Course, Coach Tucker or one of his Tier One coaches will delve into basic, intermediate and advanced gymnastics forms in a lecture setting followed by practical application. Skills will be repeated until the student has a full grasp and understanding of how to learn, spot and teach instructed methods safely. Instruction will include how to scale and spot all demonstrated movements for beginners and accomplished athletes.
This is a 2-day interactive course with Q-and-A-style lecture and video presentations, where you and coaches will perform all movements. You will learn how to combine applied forms with gymnastics applications toward basic and advanced static forms. You will develop confidence in the forms and learn to push such fundamentals for personal achievement, as well as how to program such moves for the CrossFit methodology and WODs within CrossFit boxes. Repeated progressions performed by each student will allow you to gain body-weight control and begin your path in gymnastics movement.
Our goal in this course is to aid CrossFitters in using gymnastics for strength development, core control, spatial awareness and WOD progressions. The desired result is that the CrossFit community will become more engaged in using one of the foundational blocks for CrossFit workouts: gymnastics. Handouts and other material will be e-mailed to you prior to the course date.
You will be taught a wide variety of foundational movements and techniques, including these and others:
- Basic strength: development for disadvantaged leverage and basic strength prowess for gymnastics movement.
- Parallette work: handstands, L-sits, stretching, core control, handstand push-ups, scalability of basic and intermediate movements, spotting, range-of-motion/extreme range of motion training.
- Rings: core-training exercises, support work, proper hand placement, L-sits, iron-cross progressions, dislocates, presses, muscle-ups and muscle-up drills, self-spotting techniques, kips, handstands, and conditioning.
- Bar variations: handstands, back levers, skin the cats, L-sit pull-up variations, stretching, kipping swings, spotting techniques, bar muscle-ups, scalability of all movements.
- Handstands: handstand push-ups, handstand forward rolls, balance work, presses to handstands, L-sits to handstands. You will be taught how to spot and scale these foundational elements for WODs and newbies, and you will learn hand placement, core control, strength development, planches (progressions on floor, rings and paralettes).
You only need to bring athletic attire and an adventurous attitude! We look forward to teaching all comers of all skill levels how these foundational gymnastic elements will increase your strength, flexibility and understanding of how gymnastics programming is part of Greg Glassman’s vision.”