Spring Leaning Challenge is almost over. For those of you doing the All In Challenge, here are the time slots for your final measurements. There is a sign up sheet at reception.
Thursday, June 6: 2:00PM to 5:30PM
Friday, June 7: 1:00PM to 3:00PM & 5:30 to 7:30PM
Saturday, June 8: 9:00AM to 11:30AM
Sunday, June 9: 11:00AM to 3:00PM
Monday, June 10: 4:00PM to 6:00PM
Tuesday: June 11: 8:00AM to 10:00AM
INTRODUCING THE CFW SPRING LEANING CHALLENGE
Spring is almost here and I challenge you to 6 weeks (April 27, 2012 to June 8th, 2013) of eating clean, working hard and bringing your fitness to the next level! Whether you are just starting out at CrossFit Winnipeg or you have been with us for a while I want you to see how much you can progress in the next 6 weeks.
As you all know I recommend focusing on real quality foods, based on a paleo or primal style eating plan. In a nutshell that means meat, fish, seafood, lots of veggies, some fruit, nuts and seeds and healthful fats. If it doesn’t fall into any of those categories it’s not on the plan.
We will kick off the challenge with a seminar and Q&A session on April 27th at 2:30PM. There are various documents and resources on our Nutrition Page to help you out.
We will also do a benchmark workout at the beginning and at the end of the challenge to see how this affects your performance.
A lot of your questions will be answered on our website and at the seminar but if not or if you need clarification I am here for you. I prefer that you post your questions to the CrossFit Winnipeg Spring Leaning Webpage (will be up soon) or the CrossFit Winnipeg Facebook Page rather than email me so everyone can benefit. We’ll also set up a place for you to share recipes and ideas.
Our Spring Lean Out Challenge will actually consist of 2 different challenges. You can do one or the other or both.
Challenge #1 – The “All In” Challenge – $60 Buy-in ($30 towards prize pool)
* The winner of this challenge will be the person who loses the greatest % of their body fat %. For example: A person with 40% BF loses 4% and is now 36% BF, their loss would be 10%. A person with 25% BF loses 3% and is now 22%, their loss would be 12%.
* Before and after pictures are required and will be taken at the gym, along with body fat skin fold measurements.
* If there are less than 20 people in this challenge then the winner will take all the money.
* If there are 20 or more people in this challenge then we will allocate the prize money amongst the top 2 or 3 finishers.
* * To be part of this challenge you must do your initial weigh in and body fat test between April 26-28 and your final between June 7-9. You will need to drop in at the gym during one of the following time slots to get photos and measurements done:
Friday April 26 between 1:30PM and 7:30PM
Saturday April 27 before the seminar between 1:15PM and 2:15PM
Saturday April 27 after the seminar between 4:00PM and 6:00PM
Sunday April 28 between 11:00AM and 3:00PM
The measurements and photos will take 10 to 15 minutes per person and you do not need to make an appointment, simply show up during the times above and we’ll take care of you.
Challenge #2 – The “Get on Track” Challenge – Free to enter w/ prizes – A great way to win Challenge #1 or just get yourself on track!
* You will need to keep a food/point log for this challenge.
* We will set up a blog for the challenge and in order to earn your points you will need to log your food intake and workouts on the blog along with your points total so that we can verify your points.
* Ways to earn points:
* Full day no processed or packaged foods (1 point per day)
* Full day no grains (1 point per day)
* Full day no sugar or sweeteners (1 point per day)
* Full day no industrial seed oils or trans fats (1 point per day)
* Full day no dairy (except for butter/ghee) (1 point per day)
* Full day no beans or legumes (1 point per day)
* Full day no alcohol (1 point per day)
* Drink 2-3L of water in a day (1 point per day)
* Sleep at least 8 hours in a night (1 point per day)
* Workout at CFW (1 point per day)
* Additional bonus point challenges will be posted on the blog.
Click HERE to register.