Please note the following changes to the CrossFit Winnipeg Class schedule. Many of these changes are temporary for the sake of the CrossFit Games Open, which start on February 22nd, 2012. We’ll likely see more changes again in April.
We recommend that you check your class schedule online this week to make sure that we haven’t moved any of your existing reservations.
* The weekend Intro Class is moved from Noon Saturdays to 1PM on Sundays.
* The Monday Night Intro Class is moved to Tuesday night at 6:30PM
* The 5:30PM class on Friday nights has been switched to a mobility class.
* The 5:30PM class on Thursday nights has been temporarily cancelled to accommodate the CrossFit Games Open competition. 5PM, 6PM and 7PM classes as well as On Ramp are still a go.
* The 5:30PM class on Wednesdays has been changed to Olympic lifting i.e. Oly has moved from 6:00PM to 5:30PM.
* The 5:00PM Mobility class on Wednesday nights has moved to 6:30PM, after Oly class.
* The Saturday Oly class has moved from 10:00AM to 1:00PM.
* The Saturday Mobility Class has moved from 11:00AM to 2:00PM.
* The 1PM and 2PM classes on Saturday are now in a different, OPEN GYM format, and we’ve added another OPEN GYM on Sunday afternoons from 1PM to 3PM.
A few words on the CrossFit Games Open Competition…
Click here to find what all the fuss is about. As of today, we have 24 competitors on the CrossFit Winnipeg Team, so if you’re interested in competing this is a great opportunity to do so, you don’t need to set aside an entire weekend. There are also masters categories for those 40 and over. We will have two times slots set aside for competitors to get their workouts officially scored and submitted and if you want to come out to cheer on the athletes, you’ll want to show up between 6pm and 8pm on Thursday nights and between 11am and 1pm on Saturdays between February 22nd and March 24th. We will also be doing the competition workouts during regular classes on Thursdays during the Open. What this means for members not competing is just a few class schedule changes so make sure you have a look at your schedule before you come in.
A few words on the new OPEN GYM Hours…
Please note that this is not a free for all and license to come in and do any random crazy workout! We care about your success and know that the best way to achieve that success is with carefully thought out programming and a lot of skill work. We will program a list of options for that time, which will include making up missed workouts for the week, working on the skill of the week, or choosing from a selection of recent crossfit.com workouts. However, the coach will not do a structured warm-up and cool down as a group. This will be a good opportunity for competitors to make up missed workouts or to work on skills or to do a double training day. When you arrive, please let the coach know what you are doing and ask for recommendations or suggestions based on your strengths, weaknesses, and training schedule. E.g. you may not want to do a bunch of squatting on Saturday afternoon if that’s what we’re doing in regular class on Sunday…